Friday 12 April 2013

Upgrading windows xp.

So you got pretty powerful old PC with Windows XP in the corner and you cant remember when you have used it? then give it to me :D
So its powerful enough to run your favorite games, but not powerful enough for new OS?
I was in the same situation and I have updated it to make it feel like Windows 7.
So what can we do to revive your XP? Yeah sure you can download Win 7 theme and act though, but I`m not talking about the look (at least main point is not about it.)
So so so so... (have you noticed how many So I use per article? shit I gotta stop doing that..)
Okay ( I was about to say so again LOL) look:

1. First I have noticed that is hard to use Windows without that quick search field that is included in Windows 7 start menu. So I have downloaded something like that, it is also a search bar, but it is included not in start menu, but on taskbar like next to the clock, I can`t remember, but I think it need to index locations first, but its worth waiting, it will save you loads of time after that.

2. Boring background: I have downloaded something called  Powertoy Wallpaper changer (made by microsoft) that changes wallpaper every 15 minutes for example, to get wallpapers just google the resolution you use and write wallpaper pack for example: 1920x1080 wallpaper pack, you should find loads of them.

3. Update your software to the same one as you are using on your main pc (if pc is good enough, if not, update what you can, as much you can).

4. Download Yahoo Widgets. They really live up your desktop also make it look better/newer and gives you   information without using your browser (for example weather). *Its like gadgets in windows vista and 7.

5. Find a good quality screensaver. These boring screensavers are used for ages, its time to change them.



Downloads:
Quick Search: DOWNLOAD
PowerToy: DOWNLOAD
Yahoo Widgets.
Screensaver Google Search Link.


Other things to do:
Find a good looking theme.
Change boring system sounds.
Upgrade your PC hardware if possible.
Clean your monitor :-D.
Clean your PC (from inside (SYSTEM) ) to make it work as new.
Clean your PC (from outside (Fans and etc..), don`t get a sponge and clean the case... :D)
If possible upgrade to newer windows version or check linux distributions (Ubuntu is really popular and it got  similar to windows interface).




No comments:

Post a Comment